Never Give Up


This weekend I was shown a YouTube video of Mike Yung, a very talented 50+ year old Subway Singer.  It felt very relevant as I'm re-examining and setting my goals for the next 15 years.  

Mike Yung had been featured on America’s got talent and made it to the semi-final.  Everyone thought he’d have a record deal before the program ended.  However, according to interviews with Mike the record executives consistently turned him away and politely gave him the feedback – “You’re too old”.  I don’t want to dwell on age and neither did Mike.  It’s not the primary thing of importance when looking at talent or goal setting.  Is age relevant when setting goals?  Well sure, but let's focus back on fulfilling ones dreams and aspirations.  The idea of setting a goal and working toward it, even if others around you say that it can’t be done.   There's always a way to find a yes.  I've always looked at the answer “no” as my customer's way of saying “no not that way…”  In marketing or sales you have to look for the yes in the pile of no.  Perhaps that's true of life in general.
no
nono
nonono
nonononono
nononononoyes 
 Take a look at Mike Yung's Kick Start project.  I think you’ll find it inspirational.  Never Give Up.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear, Hope, Accountability and a Little Red Walker

What to do when you're fired at 50